Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tiffany Nance Interview







The first time I saw Tiffany Nance was on someone else's Facebook friends list. I saw her one photo and said "that could be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen". I have since learned her physical beauty is just a small part of who she is. She is a woman who has a passion for fitness and the fitness industry. She is also a very friendly woman. She will be making her Figure debut this year, and looking at her photos you can not help but to know she will be a success. Tiffany is the total package. An amazing back, great abs, legs that are incredible, basically, she has it all. In just a very short time I became so impressed with Tiffany, I asked her to do a weekly column for my blog, and am honored that she has accepted. Here is my interview with Tiffany, and like me, after reading I am sure you will look forward to each of her weekly columns.


Q: First Tiffany, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from,
things like that.
A:I'm a 29 year old single mom from Angier, North Carolina! I have the greatest 11 year old boy! He has truly been a blessing to me! I have been raising Alex by myself.
Not gonna say it's been easy, but he is definitely worth the struggle! I am a
personal trainer, I help Noah Steere run his nutrition shop, and I also do book keeping for my dads business! I work 7 days a week! Being healthy and fit is what keeps me going! I tend to take on a lot more than I should, but being busy keeps me focused and productive and definitely keeps food on the table!

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or anything?
A: I did play several sports in middle and high school, softball and volleyball, I was a cheerleader one year and took gymnastics from 5-9. My favorite was softball! I wasn't athletic looking though! I was not a small kid, you could say I was thick no skinny jeans in our family!

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: I ended up gaining 72 pounds with my son. I was pregnant at 17, never ate healthy, I grew up in a southern family so everything was battered and fried! Lots of desserts and sweet tea! I played around in the gym after I had him, lots of cardio, lost the weight but I was a skinny fat chic! I stopped going and gained about 20 pounds back over a year and half to 2 years. I finally decided enough was enough! I started reading and trying to learn what to do and how to cook. I had a personal trainer help me for a little while, that's when I decided I wanted to become a personal trainer, so I began to study for that.

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to see results?
A: I had a lot of trial and error with training. I could train my butt off, but I ran all the time, and didn't eat enough o fuel my body. Still a skinny fat chic! Once I got over the fear of eating more is when I began to see results. I cut my running and cardio back to 4 days a week instead of 7 and focused on the mind to muscle connection when I was lifting. It's been quite a learning experience. Training became a passion for me. The more I seen the results the more I wanted to learn and improve.

Q: As of now you have not competed. Any plans to, and if so, bodybuilding or figure?
A: I will be doing my first figure competition May 15th at the Palmetto Cup in SC. I injured my back last year during the summer and decided not to do the show I had planned on doing in October.

Q: Obviously you are very beautiful. Is fitness modelling something you want to become more involved in?
A: Well thank you! I would like to be more involved in fitness modeling! I want to inspire other females and moms. Anyone can have the body they want, can be healthy, can feel better about themselves. If I can do it, so can they!

Q: How can a potential photographer contact you to shoot you?
A: My email address is darkangel1998@embarqmail.com or they can find me on facebook, Tiffany Nance

Q: Do you get a lot of friends asking for diet tips and things?
A: All the time! I have become quite knowledgeable in the nutrition department. I really don't think there is a day that goes by without someone asking for tips with diet or training. Several of the guys in the gym always want to train with me(except leg day) they cant handle my leg work outs!

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: At this point I would have to say my back! It has come a long way! I struggled with getting the "feel"of my back workouts, but once I focused on it and was able to get my mind into the muscles back there, I made some major improvements.

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train or favorite exercise?
A: I really love training period! I focus and put my all into all of my body parts. I really don't have a favorite!

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like?
A: I tend to change things up from time to time, but right now its 4 days a week 30-45 min am cardio Monday/back, Tuesday/ shoulders and chest, Wednesday/quads and abs, Thursday/ arms and abs, and either Friday or Saturday Hams, glutes, and light shoulders

Q: When someone sees or hears you train for the first time, what is the most common
reaction? More positive or negative?
A: People stare a lot, or try to act like they aren't looking! I train really heavy with a lot of intensity! They call me a machine! When I'm training, I have my headphones on and I'm fully focused! Save the chit chat for later!

Q: When they see or hear it that first time, what is the one question or comment you are most sick of hearing?
A: "Are you getting ready for a competition?" I stay pretty lean all year so people
always assume I'm getting ready for a comp.

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women you train and compete or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: Females cant look like men without taking male hormones or steroids! Females are always worried that lifting weights will make them look like a man! I deal with that all the time with new clients.

Q: What is the biggest lack of gym etiquette that most bothers you?
A: People sitting on equipment for 5 min "resting"or texting on their phone. Oh that drives me nuts!

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: I actually have several that I look up to and admire, but one that sticks out the most is Jamie Eason. I seen her in a mag back when she was competing, that's when I first began to really get serious. She was beautiful and had shapely muscles! I wanted to look like that! Just from chatting with her online and reading some of her articles, she is so down to earth and is an inspiration to others! An all around good girl!

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Anything with sugar! Chocolate, ice cream, cookies, brownies, you get the point! I'm a carb-o-holic!

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of
advice you would most want to give her?
A: Nothing is impossible! You just have to be willing to do the work!

Q: Do you think muscular women are more accepted by society today than five years ago?
A: Yes it is more accepted now and will probably be more accepted as time goes on.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I enjoy spending time with Alex. We go riding 4wheelers, skating, bowling, go carts, we go to the arcade and play video games. I want him to have a great childhood and it really makes me happy seeing him happy! We have a lot of fun together!

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Tiffany Nance.
A: Wake up at 6, if it's a cardio day then I do it, if not ill catch up on emails and eat breakfast, get Alex up and ready for school, go train my first in home client, then I train one more in home, then I'm off to the gym, get my training in and then I'll train clients at the gym until 7 or so, pick up Alex on my way home, cook supper and get things done around the house, go over homework, take a shower, sit with Alex for a few before bed. That's Monday- Thursday. Friday, Saturday and Sunday just depend on my work schedule with Steeres and my dad.

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: The music on my ipod while I'm weight training. I listen to all kinds of music but when I'm lifting it's hard, very heavy metal music! Bands you probably never heard of!

Q: Describe Tiffany Nance in five words.
A: Passionate, Determined, Loyal, Kindhearted, Very Outspoken.

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: I would love to win in May and go onto the Nationals, but I believe that whats meant to be will be, I just have to keep doing the work that's layed before me. I don't know what the future holds, but I want to do my very best at whatever life throws my way!

Q: Are you looking for sponsors or promotional work. If so how can they reach you and what are they getting in Tiffany Nance?
A: That would be an awesome opportunity for me to get sponsored and promo work. My email is darkangel1998@embarqmail.com. I'm a dependable, respectable, hard working woman with a lot
of passion and knowledge in the fitness industry.

Q: Tiffany, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words before you go?
A: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to have this interview! Hopefully this wont be the last you see or hear from me. I'm hoping to become an IFBB Pro and I want to reach out and help and inspire everyone I can!

1 comment:

  1. That was a truly inspiring interview. I don't think this will be the last you see or hear from TIFFANY NANCE! Someone with this kind of determination and passion in their voice definitely will go as far as they want to go and then some. I wish her the best of luck in all she does, not that it sounds like she needs it. It sounds like she makes her own luck, and don't we all wish and want for that kind of drive, determinatiion and passion for our lives! I know I do!
    You sound and look phenomenal! Congratulations, your friend!

    ReplyDelete