Friday, February 19, 2010

Jessica Jordan Interview


If you first glance at Jessica Jordan you see you a beautiful woman with the looks of a model. You take a second glance and you see some of the best abs in the industry. You take a third glance and you see an incredible overall physique. Stop glancing and you find out she is also an intelligent and kind woman. Jessica is what the fitness industry is all about. She works hard to look like she does, and has a love for what she does. Jessica is someone who has all the potential to be a top name in this industry and it is clear that she will earn that coveted Pro card one day. How do you know? Because she wants it, and Jessica is clearly one of those people who can achieve anything she sets her mind to. If you are a photographer or looking for a woman to use to promote your product, Jessica should be high on your list. So please read my interview with Jessica and prepare to become a fan.




Q: First, Jessica, I want to thank you for taking the time out to do this.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family,where you are from,
things like that.
A: I live in Orange County, but am originally from Running Springs, CA, I moved around a lot as a kid and finally settled in the OC. I went to Laguna Hills HS and lived with my mom, dad and sister. I am very close to my family. After HS I went on to Long Beach State and received my degree in Kinesiology with my emphasis in Exercise Science.I currently work at Club Z Fitness, the old Met-Rx in Newport Beach, CA. I live with my boyfriend (Greg) and my two dogs about a mile from my second home (the GYM).

Q: Before you started training, were you an especially athletic person? Play any
sports?
A: I have always been athletic, I played soccer from 7 years old through HS. I also
ran Cross Country and Track.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: In HS all my friends and I had a 24 hour fitness membership, we thought we were
cool, we never really knew what we were doing. We would just do what we read in
magazines.


Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to
see results?
A: I became a personal trainer at the beginning of my college years and this is when I started taking lifting more serious. Once I took it more seriously I started to pick it up easy, if I enjoy something, then it usually comes easy to me. It didn't take long to see results about after 2 weeks of dieting you always feel the results coming along.

Q: How long were you training when you decided to compete and what made you decide
to compete?
A: I trained for a few years, talked about competing, met a few people that were into it and it motivated me, but I just couldn't get that final push to whole heartedly do it.
When I transferred from working at 24 Hour Fitness to a more private gym, where I
trained my clients I met some more people that were really into it. There I also met my boyfriend who is a bodybuilder. He is truly the reason I compete today. About a year after dating I decided I was going to to the Flex Bikini Model Search at the 2008 Olympia. I did it with no trainer, just with some help from Greg (my boyfriend and me). I was let down at the competition, I was told I was too ripped and that I should go into Figure.SO I DID! The 2008 Excalibur was my first show.

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time, and how
about now?
A: My parents always support me in everything I do. My friends did after the results, but I do think it definitely put a little separation between us. Everybody that knows me now understands this is my lifestyle and that I do enjoy it. People don't need to feel bad for me when I can't go out and eat, drink, etc... I CHOOSE this lifestyle!


Q: Was the first contest what you expected or did anything surprise you?
A: My first Figure contest is what I consider my 1st contest. Yes, it was amazing, I
had a blast!

Q: Can you share your contest history.
A: I placed 1st in Class A at the 2008 Excalibur, 4th in Class A at the 2009 California Championships. My next competition will be the 2010 Emerald Cup.

Q: What do you consider your best bodypart or the one that gets the most
compliments?
A: My LEGS especially my quad sweep, ugh they drive me nuts, I don't train them much
because they can get pretty BIG!

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train or favorite exercise?
A: I would say my shoulders are my favorite part to train because they are the most
stubborn little muscles. I have small shoulders and they are hard to train, but I do
enjoy training them. Overhead shoulder press would be my favorite exercise!

Q: What is your normal training routine like and how do you alter it for contest
prep?
A: I just started my prep for the 2010 Emerald Cup with Kim Oddo. So my routine is a little different than what I have done in the past. I have a 4 day spilt:
Mondays- Chest, Arms and Calves
Tuesdays- Back, rear delts and abs
Wed-off
Thurs- legs and calves
Fri-off
Sat- Shoulders and abs
My cardio will change periodically as the prep goes on.



Q: When someone sees or hears you train and compete for the first time, what is
the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Mostly very positive, sometimes negative, but I fuel the negative as motivation. I always get "WOW great abs".

Q: When they see or hear it that first time, what is the one question or comment
you are most sick of hearing?
A: "How do you get your abs to show like that?"

Q: Do you think more women are getting into the gym then five years ago?
A: I would say so, but I am more into this lifestyle now than 5 years ago, so I am sure I pay much more attention to the masses of women involved in fitness today!

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who compete or the one thing you
wish people understood?
A: Bikini isn't figure and figure isn't bodybuilding. People should understand the
differences and respect all 3. ALSO, we do what we do because we choose to do it, I hate when people say "When are you going to have some fun and live your life" Who
are other people to judge my quality of life.

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: BEST: the stage, I am never nervous on the day of a show, the work is done, now just show it off! WORST: Social life is limited

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Frozen Yogurt with toppings.

Q: Are there any other competitors you are a fan of or admire?
A: WOW, a lot, Erica Fuerst, Monica Brant, this isn't fair, all the Pros because that is where I want to be.

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of
advice you would most want to give her?
A: It is harder than you think! Saying is one thing doing is another! Make sure you are 100% committed before deciding to compete.

Q: You also work as a trainer. What got you interested in that?
A: I was working as a cocktail waitress in college and a co-worker, now friend, of mine was talking to me about her 2nd job as a trainer. She gave me all the info and I went down and got a 2nd job as a trainer as well. It wasn't long before I was a full time student and trainer. After I graduated college, I went to work as an independent trainer and have owned my own training business for about 4 years now.

Q: If someone wanted to be trained by you, how can they contact you and what are
the benefits of being trained by Jessica Jordan?
A: Jessica@octrainer.net
(866)890-6847 ext. 2
www.octrainer.net - I train people in a semi-private and private setting in Orange County, CA
A major benefit of training with me is that for one I am a competitor, I know what it takes to get in shape, whether someone wants to lose 5, 10, 20 or 100 lbs I can help you do it. Also I have a college education in Kinesiology from Cal State Long Beach.

Q: Outside of training, and other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: Being with my family and friends, my sister just had a baby so I love spending time with her. I have two dogs, so a lot of my time is spent with them. Even if I am dieting I will go to all family functions and enjoy myself, I just don't eat and drink with them. I have dieted on a cruise before!

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Jessica Jordan.
A: Up at 5am - meal 1
6am- 9am -train clients - meal 2 in there somewhere
9am - cardio
10am-noon clients
noon - meal 3
12:15 train myself
1ish- 3pm rest have meal 4
3:30-7pm - client Meal 5
7pm go home rest and have meal 6

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: Most people look at me and think, dumb blonde, I usually surprise people with my
knowledge and dedication to what I do on a daily basis.

Q: Favorite actor, movie, TV show,and musician?
A: Actor: Hard question, I really enjoy Leonardo Di Caprio's movies, Robert Downey Jr. and Denzel Washington.
Movie: 28 Days Later, any Horror movie.
TV show: DEXTER then Californication
Music: It depends on my mood for training Metallica, for driving in my car I love
country. Weird combos.

Q: Describe Jessica Jordan in five words.
A: Determined, Strong, Extroverted, Passionate, Successful.


Q: Any set plans for the future as far as competing or anything else?
A: I plan to compete until I get that Pro Card. I am also really trying to get into
Fitness Modeling, which is also something that got me into competing. You have to get exposure somehow and competing is a great way to do it.

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: I want to thank Greg for being an amazing supporter, friend and boyfriend and my
family for all of their support. If you want to get in shape check out my website
www.octrainer.net

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so, how can they contact you and what are they
getting in Jessica Jordan the athlete and competitor?
A: Absolutely, sponsors are always welcome. I am a very dedicated athlete, I love
competing and I give everything I do a 110%. My email is Jessica@octrainer.net

Q: Again, Jessica, I thank you for taking the time to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment